Monday, March 8, 2010

Frappuccino

So,   I love coffee.   It started out as my brothers girlfriend getting me to buy a white chocolate moca at my church.  in which I decided to add hazel nut too.   It was really good.   I liked the slight coffee flavor in it.   it wasn't over whelming.   it only had one shot,  I believe.  (   I liked coffee before with lots of creamer\milk and sugar and flavoring so the coffee in its self was more like a flavoring in hot chocolate or milk :P ) But now,  after that  - I've tried lots of different types of coffees, flavorings, mixtures, roastings and blends.  And up to 6 shots of espresso.  I really like it. :)  Infact, I often drink just plain coffee without anything added if the coffee has a good taste,  There's some coffees that where poorly made or stored funky and really don't taste all that amazing but if its a properly processed and roasted and stored coffee its quite enjoyable. :)   So, today  I decided to copy one of my friends (Lindsey Proctor) coffee treat she made from a recipe online.   Its a home_made_in_a_jar frappuccino.  I changed the recipe around slightly to fit my taste but pretty much used the same recipe and it turned out wonderfully and was really fun and fast to make,   Heres a picture ( or two! :D )  >

Heres the one I made. :) I used hazel nut syrup in mine, and I also used powdered sugar instead of  "packet of splenda"  

  
Top view. :) Of all the yummies.  


  • ¾ cups Brewed Strong Coffee, Room Temperature  ( if its not to room temp, like you just brewed it,  Like me.   You could just stick it in the frigs or freezers for a bit.  It'd chill faster if you only chilled the 3/4s of  a cup too,   And not all of it. )
  • ¾ cups Milk
  • 1 package Sweetener, A Single Serve Packet, Your Choice  ----- This is where I used about a tbs of powdered sugar which worked quite well,  I don't -  repeat,  I highly don't recommend using granulated sugar, it wont dissolve properly and it will ruin  your coffee. :( 
  • 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
  • 2 Tablespoons Liquid Coffee Creamer, Your Flavor Of Choice -- also, I just used a plain  "Torani"  syrups,   I used hazel nut.   And, it worked fine even being less thick.
  • 3 whole Ice Cubes

Preparation Instructions

In a 16 oz. Mason jar, put all your ingredients followed with the ice cubes. Put the lid and ring on and shake, shake, shake!
Taste it. Does it need a little more sweetener?
I don’t like mine horribly sweet, so I stick with one packet of Splenda. The creamer and chocolate syrup add the rest of the sugar to sweeten.
As for the creamer, I used Coffeemate Italian Sweet Cream. It’s nondescript, sweet and creamy and lets the coffee and chocolate shine through.
But, if you like hazelnut or coconut cream, go for it!
At this point, you can drink it right out of the jar or pour it over crushed ice and top with whipped cream and drizzle more chocolate for an authentic coffee house experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not leave any, disrespectful, sexual or profane messages. Thank you.