Thursday, April 22, 2010

cheesey potato slices

Here, I sliced potatoes thinly in rounds,   put them in a zippy bag with extra virgin olive oil.    got them all covered in that,   Then I sprinkled fresh finally chopped parsley,  kosher salt and black pepper.   made sure each potato was coated with that.    Baked them at 390º   then a few minutes before they where completely heavenly I sprinkled them liberally with monterey jack cheese.    Then put them on one shelf higher.   put the oven on broil.      And waited until the potatoes were completely perfect, the cheese was melted and lightly browning in some areas.    Okay so I dont know why cheddar is considered the best cheese for potatoes! No no.. monterey jack cheese is def the best by far.. no argument there.    Their individual flavors compliment each other perfectly!  and its simply amazing....  

2 comments:

  1. by the way, i hate you for making me hungry :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry!!! but I think "nutmeg" is enough of a warning! :P

    ReplyDelete

Please do not leave any, disrespectful, sexual or profane messages. Thank you.