Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pillow bread

I  made pillow bread,  Tuesday.  -    but it was very "special" pillow bread because I didn't put the yeast in til the very last minute.   As in right  before I let it rise.   ( This isn't a good idea,   I just forgot to put it in earlier )    One half of the dough I used right away to make my bread.   Let it rise then baked it.  - the other half I put in a ziplock baggy and refrigerated it for 24 hours,  Just to see what it would do and I didn't need all of it that one day.     -   Well the next day.   I guess my  bag wasn't big enough because it was spilling out.   of a not zipped anymore bag.   :p so it rose alot!    Then I let it do its other rising after being shaped and then baked it.   And that one was MUCH MUCH happier and fluffy.   

This is the first one though:  

yummy!  



  no, I didn't wait til it cooled completely!! who does?

2 comments:

  1. fresh bread is amazing. i'm too lazy to knead it myself though, i have a breadmaker. then i either make it into rolls or foccacias, or cook it in the bread maker. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mhmm, I like french bread a lot too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please do not leave any, disrespectful, sexual or profane messages. Thank you.